You are currently browsing the daily archive for December 3, 2007.
Six Comments About Shoveling:
- A former pastor said in a sermon once that cleaning a home with kids is like shoveling during a blizzard. I did both this weekend.
- Of course the final snow depth is half of what they said it would be. That’s part of the deal.
- My older three boys (7,8,9) have gotten to the point that when they are working hard they can shovel more together than I can by myself. This is very good. It’s like working with another full grown adult, who can shovel snow better than me.
- It’s hard work pulling a kid around in a sled.
- You can say all you want “This year I’m going to shovel the driveway before I drive on it, so we don’t have the tire-track packed down snow for two months,” – it’s not going to happen.
- If watching the yard go from bare dark green grass and bare tree branches to covered with white doesn’t excite you, you have become an adult beyond all repair. My condolences.