You are currently browsing the daily archive for March 30, 2009.
(Roughly in the order that they appear to us yearly)
1. The pieces of the 7 inch base of ice on our driveway begins to break off and melt.
(This year our oldest helped it along with our sledgehammer)
2. Our kids start to wear shorts
(and walk outside barefoot – “Kids! Get back in here!”)
3. Removal of the Christmas Wreath
(we are wise enough to remove the pumpkin while it is still frozen)
4. The large body of melted water 50′ by 40′ in our back yard begins to form.
(We have entitled it Lake JamFam – the kids go slide around on it)
5. Warm Enough weather to go on our first picnic.
(The Ten Month Battle to beat last year’s picnic record begins)
6. Maple Sap Buckets on the trees
(And boiling sap on the porch)
7. Seed Planting is begun!
(In preparation for square foot gardening)
8. Our neighbor replaces his flags (including a US Flag and a Marines Flag)
(This isn’t done yet – they are looking pretty ragged)
9. Jamsco begins to wonder if the lawnmower will work after a winter of not being used.
(Should I get it to the repair shop now?)
10. Lake JamFam finally begins to recede.
(So we can finally get to our camper trailer again)
What are signs of spring at your home?