You are currently browsing the daily archive for October 3, 2007.
Our group at work volunteered to make chili for the United Way Chili Contest and they left it to me to come up with a name. This got me thinking. . . .
Top Ten Rejected Chili Team Names
(And yes, we decided from the outset that that the name, whatever it was, would have an exclamation point after it – for extra oomph)
10. Store-bought Chili!
9. UW_CHIL_SCPA_FR! (Our Data Field Engineer verified that our name didn’t have to be standardized database compliant)
8. Toe-Tappin’ Chili! (would have been a great name, up until a month ago – leave it to a senator to ruin a perfectly good title)
7. Head-Explodingly Hot Chili! (Rejected when our documentation expert noted that adverbs (which is what ‘head-explodingly’ is, apparently) usually modify verbs (which ‘hot’ is not)
6. Machu Pichu Chili! (Oops, sorry that’s a rejected Chile team name)
5. Parameter Management Update: Loop and Supermarket Calculator (LSC) and CSL Optimizer Tools Chili! (name already taken, and Joe isn’t on our team) <This is in reference to this>
4. OJ’s ‘If I made it’ Chili! (again, recent events have rendered this less usable)
3. We Got The Iraq War Vet – Vote For Us! Chili!
(Scott was personally sickened – Sickened! – that someone would suggest playing the support-your-troops patriotism card in this manner)
2. Qlikmark Chili! (we didn’t want to have to put our chili through the Satellite System) <Okay, this is very inside>
And the Number One Rejected Chili Team Name:
Midwest Chili! Now With Even Less Chili Powder!
And by the way, yes, I work in Corporate America. Didn’t you know?