You are currently browsing the daily archive for August 28, 2008.
I imagine most people agree that there are benefits to small church worship. Just like most agree there are benefits to being at a big church. Of late, I have more experience with the former, so:
14 Ways to Make Your Big Church Experience Seem More Like Small Church.
1. Get involved with children’s ministries.
2. Talk to people you don’t know.
3. Find a pastor that you trust and respect. Make him yours.
4. Ask questions.
5. If there is Adult Sunday School, join a class.
6. Get involved in a short term missions trip.
7. Find an elder that you trust and respect. Make him yours.
8. Get there a little early and linger after.
9. Find a niche ministry for yourself or your family.
10. Support one or two missionaries from your church.
11. Get to know the worship pastor. Get on his side.
12. Find a nice older couple who’s been around the church for awhile. Make them yours.
13. Sit in the same place every Sunday at church, by other people who sit in the same place every Sunday. Get acquainted with them.*
14. And obviously, be in a small group.
* But there is also merit in sitting in a different place every Sunday.