With the idea shamelessly stolen from that Piper kid’s blog
1. My kids letting me sleep in until after 8.
2. Having all of my kids (except a sleeping Foster) and my wife sitting on our bed and singing happy birthday to me.
3. Watching the kids getting down the stockings and being pleased with what was in them.
4. Having excellent French toast for breakfast (mine with lit candles) after my family sang to me again.
5. The Advent Reading (as written by my wife) and getting to light the Christ candle.
6. A little 15 minute after-breakfast nap with my wife next to me and the kids all napping spread out around the house.
7. The way my kids handled it when they found out they weren’t going to open any presents today (relatively agreeably).
8. Finding out that the wrong turn that I made ten minutes ago (on the way out to my Aunt and Uncle’s place) wasn’t going to cost us more than five minutes.
9. Walking in to a house filled with people who loved us.
10. Getting to tell the ‘Bringing Foster Home From The Hospital Story” again.
11. My cousin Andrea’s great interest in Foster and willingness to feed him.
12. Singing a Christmas carol before our prayer.
13. Good Ham.
14. Discussions of blogging around our table.
15. Finding out that aunts and cousins had bought our kids (all of them) presents so they got to open some anyway.
16. That no one forced me to eat the Cayenne Pepper Chocolate truffles.
17. Getting to know my soon to be cousin-in-law.
18. Laughing at my younger cousin’s funny conversation.
19. Hearing nice words about my Dad, and how people miss him.
20. Getting home not too late.
21. Have a good meaningful conversation with my oldest son right before he went to bed.
22. Finishing a movie with my wife.
23. Finding out that my friends were in our paper (They sit kitty corner from us every Sunday in the service and recently gave us a ministry opportunity.)
24. Getting this cool idea for a Christmas blog post idea.
25. Blogging while my wife slept on the couch after feeding the cutest one month old in the Twin Cities.
26. Being grateful that God gives us joy as we give him glory.
27. Finishing this list.
Merry Christmas From The Responsible Puppet